Monday, January 28, 2008

Things I Did This Weekend

-Acted like a total crazy person and committed several elementary blogging faux pas, the evidence of which has been expurgated.
-Cried about being a crazy person. (Three times.)
-Apologized for same. (I hope sufficiently.)
-Flirted.
-Got laid! My good ol' deflowerer called me up and we had a lovely time. Dearest Sojourner is totally right about the importance of a "winter spoon"--I'd forgotten how great it is to have a warm naked man in your bed on an icy cold day!
-As a result, at least partially got over the need to make a conquest of the famed Guy I Shouldn't Fuck. I needed at any cost to get laid, or at least make out, even if I knew it was a bad idea.* But now I've had my Sex That Goes Nowhere, so I'm a little less driven to distraction. And Nowhere Man is out of sight/mind--at this point, if Nowhere Man were someone I had to see all the time, I'd probably get depressed. It sucks always being back at Square One.
-That being said, I have no will power (see: me being a crazy person). So we'll see what happens.
-Fell on first sight for yet another skinny guy in glasses, this one theatre-affiliated. We smiled at each other! Baby photos to come.
-Tried to explain to a friend why I cared if anyone thought I was a slut. Did a bad job.
-Had a totally good time at a party I was angsty about.
-Fell in love with a specific bagel, but that's really not so interesting.

Now, hopefully, I can start posting anything of substance.

*As I told Sojourner: "My two main orifices are screaming for me to step on the gas; it's just the rest of me that's whining about the speed limit."

5 comments:

Kim said...

I'm totally interested in the bagel.

Sarah-Louise Raillard said...

yeah man, a good bagel is a treasure.
i'm glad you had fun at the party, btw.

Liz T. said...

A toasted everything bagel with cream cheese, from Zanny's! I got one after my buddy left and then I couldn't stop thinking about it. I kept saying to myself, "I just had sex and I can't stop thinking about the BAGEL?" So I got another bagel. It lived up to the memory.

Sarah-Louise Raillard said...

that sounds pretty tasty. although i am also partial to nussbaum and wu (esp because they have salt bagels and tons of yummy cream cheese options).

Katey said...

Yeah, the bagel was really the part that caught my interest too. Now I want one.