Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Not To Be "Uppity" Or "Castrating"

Maybe you guys are sick of my Chris Matthews reports, but today Jezebel linked to Daily Kos, which has a post summing up all the horrible things Chris Matthews has said about women. Okay, probably not ALL of them, but many, and some about women OTHER than Clinton, in case we thought that his misogyny was just anti-Clintonism in disguise. Check it out.

(My favorites are when he wonders if the troops would take orders from her, and the gem, "[S]he was giving a campaign barn-burner speech, which is harder to give for a woman; it can grate on some men when they listen to it -- fingernails on a blackboard, perhaps.")

3 comments:

Sojourner (You Can't Handle the) Truth said...

Wow. He's really insane. I can't believe he's allowed to have a tv show. I think this is my favorite quote:

"[S]he's clapping, like she's Chinese. I know the Chinese clap at each other, but what is she clapping at? I mean, it's like one of these wind-up things."

Um, what?

I wish I could yoke him like an ox and make him till fields.

Liz T. said...

You're totally right. I wonder if, when he sees Chinese people, he claps at them. I also wonder if he thinks all Asian people are Chinese.

Sarah-Louise Raillard said...

I don't even understand what the clapping chinese thing is about, or making fun of, or referencing,,,,is it just pure craziness, or am missing some important cultural stereotype?