Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A Cheerier Note

I meant to say this before:

In addition to getting farklempt over My Mom Clinton winning New Hampshire, I was basically really happy all last night because of these two historic evenings we've just had. A black man and a woman have each won one of the two most hyped primaries in our nation's history. I think it's truly important that they each took one--perhaps this is Obama-eqsue idealism, but I believe that this has opened the door to both demographics. Women and African-Americans are officially viable candidates, whatever else happens.

1 comment:

Sarah-Louise Raillard said...

My sentiments exactly. Even if I might prefer Barack Obama to Clinton, I'm still thrilled that they each won an important primary, for the reasons you gave, but also because that prevents 1% of the population and the media from deciding who's already won.