Friday, January 25, 2008

Reassurance

Here is a gchat conversation I had this morning:

me: I find myself posting about my life in ways that have nothing to do with feminism
Michelle:
i think that's a) okay; b) not unexpected; and c) not entirely true
me:
ok, good

I'm about to post a, well, post about how much I hate [redacted]
which I'm also not sure about
Michelle: i will quote you to yourself:
me: ha!
Michelle: 'What I really aim to do here is chronicle what it's like, on a day-to-day basis, being a young feminist in New York and in "today's world"'
so i think that even if the "Here Is My Feminist Point!!" doesn't quite exist in any given post
it's still part of the chronicle.
me: great
thank you
Michelle: [smile]
me: that was an excellent pep talk!
it helped that you quoted me
because I heart me

No comments: