Friday, October 19, 2007

Mythbuster? Menstrual Edition.

This week's myth is another doesn't-apply-to-everyone kind of myth. Tell me what you think:

Period sex.

(And I don't mean screwing in Elizabethan garb.)

In the words of Vincent Chase, "It's not something I hope for, but I've done it." Now, some women don't enjoy sex during their period--things do get sensitive, after all, and cramps aren't exactly an aphrodisiac. Some women particularly like it--more lubrication, it can actually help cramps, and sometimes the hormones make a girl randier. But a lot of guys assume that blood on the field stops all play.

I tend to agree with Vince. It's something to work around, but not necessarily a problem. I wouldn't expect a guy to go down during those red-letter days*, but there's actually little interference when it comes to intercourse. So, the myth is that menstruation always means Do Not Enter. I encourage guys to be open minded, and to get laid!


*Ugh, no more well-worn euphemisms, I promise.

1 comment:

Kim said...

crampy and ouchy. generally not my thing.