Friday, September 21, 2007

Suffragette City

Welcome, attractive reader.

As a modern sexy feminist living in that Man's World I keep hearing about, I believe in sisterhood. So I am proud to introduce this blog as kind of a sister site to that of the young, talented and black blogger, Sojourner "You Can't Handle the" Truth. So never again doubt, my friends, that sisters are doing it for themselves. After all, I have had it up to here [please imagine my hand at the top of my forehead, like Gwen Stefani in the "Just a Girl" video] with the ubiquitous meme of women hating each other, competing over men, and scratching each other with their retractable claws. (I, for one, reserve my claws for carpeted posts and people's feet moving under blankets.) I love women, even if I don't want to date them*!

[Now you guys know that I am a serious, respectable blogger because I just used the phrase "ubiquitous meme," perhaps even correctly.]

So please tune in for any and all of the following: female factoids, political ruminations, rants on men/boys, links to more experienced bloggers, philosophizing on The Pickup Artist, and tales of sex in and involving a certain city (but with more self-respect and less expensive shoes). Also occasionally some angst, cuz you can't spell 'suffragette' without "suffer." You have to rearrange the letters, though. A woman's work is never done.


*But if you'd like to fool around, we can talk.

1 comment:

Katey said...

Thoughts on Mystery PLEASE. There needs to be intellectual discourse on this!