Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Babes In Babeland

[OK, that is a lame post title, but it's hard to out-pun a pun.]

Following closely on the heels of my latest girl fest, this weekend I went on my first group sex toy shopping trip. Yes, Babeland, aka the happiest place on earth, was having a 20% off sale at ALL its New York stores, and on Sunday I went down to SoHo with a group that included veteran vibratorers and first-time shoppers alike.

OMG, why had I never done that before?

True, the first time I ever went to Babeland I brought my sister, which I thought made me a very cool older sibling, but this was the first time that I actually went with a group of people all intent on buying things, all happy to compare appliances and weigh issues of size, speed, and design together. I definitely snuck up on someone with a buzzing plastic beaver to the shoulder, and when your roommate is willing to sample edible oils off your forearm, you know you're in good company*.

Lately I've been realizing/remembering how wonderful it is to share my sex life with my friends--actually share WITH, as opposed to going on about my own stuff on this blog. Sometimes, I'm ashamed to say, I forget how cool and vibrant and in charge my friends are. They're a fun bunch. And in the spirit of my last post, this goes for boys, too--I love having guy friends I can talk openly with about sex (as I did last night over drinks and gyoza on the LES).

So to those of you playing along at home: I HIGHLY recommend buying sex toys with your friends. It's a bonding experience, a fun way to spend an afternoon, and a good way to profit from the opinions and experiences of others.

I couldn't find what I actually bought online, but here's my very first [official] vibrator, which I still use and which I did not see at Babeland on Sunday. Fortunately it's still on their site:


The Wahl 7-in-1. Tell your friends.

*They were all kind of gross, but the Chocolate Raspberry beat out the Blackberry Creme.

1 comment:

Katey said...

When you say "share my sex life with my friends," it conjures up a whole lot different images that are not what actually happened. I like things the way they are, thanks!